Footnote Four

A collection of thoughts on Law and Politics and how small, seemingly unimportant things (like footnotes) can become large and important vehicles for historical transformation (like the infamous Footnote Four).

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

By Means of Introduction...

One of the most important transitions in Supreme Court (and subsequently, American) history grew out of a footnote - a small piece of extra information that didn't warrant insertion into the main opinion. This got me thinking; isn't much of life the same way? Small, seemingly unrelated or unimportant events often give rise to large changes in history or in the way policy is devised into the future. I want this blog to examine some of these changes as they relate to Law and Politics.

I am a burgeoning law student, LSAT instructor and a self-proclaimed SCOTUS junkie who spends entirely too much time reading law blogs, newspapers, political magazines and books. Primarily I read about the U.S. Court system or politics, but I also like to read about other random things that cross my path or strike my interest for a week or two. I hope to leave some thoughts behind about what I read and find interesting, as well as my own little footnotes to the news along the way.

Feel free to leave comments or email me to send new information my way that I haven't seen or to respond to something I have said. My email address is footnotefour@gmail.com

That's all for now, but stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home